It never cease to amaze me how much useful stuff you can find in Debian repositories…
Anyway, here goes just a simple list of interesting projects I’ve stumbled upon
- https://packetfence.org/about.html PacketFence is a fully supported, trusted, Free and Open Source network access control (NAC) solution. Boasting an impressive feature set including a captive-portal for registration and remediation, centralized wired and wireless management, 802.1X support, layer-2 isolation of problematic devices, integration with the Snort IDS and the Nessus vulnerability scanner; PacketFence can be used to effectively secure networks – from small to very large heterogeneous networks.
- http://www.opendcim.org/ web based Data Center Infrastructure Management application.
- https://snipeitapp.com/ Open Source Asset Management
- http://singularity.lbl.gov/ Containers for HPC
- https://www.ovirt.org virtualization management platform, alternative to Proxmox
- http://pinet.org.uk/ Centralised user accounts and file storage system for a Raspberry Pi classroom.
- http://www.sweethome3d.com/ free interior design application
- http://www.ovirt.org/Documentation upstream to RHEV
- http://relax-and-recover.org/ Relax-and-Recover is a setup-and-forget Linux bare metal disaster recovery solution.
- https://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_FAQ Debian with FreeBSD kernel
- cockpit # systemd driven, web based server management
- gitg # git GUI viewer
- mpv –vo vaapi –hwdec vaapi /data/Video/HD/xperia_hd_landscapes.mp4
- https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/ Truecrypt replacement
Description: enhanced version of dd for forensics and security
This is a piece of software that lets you tunnel IPv4 data through a DNS server. This can be usable in different situations where internet access is firewalled, but DNS queries are allowed.
Sshuttle makes it possible to access remote networks using SSH. It creates a transparent proxy server, using iptables, that will forward all the traffic through an SSH tunnel to a remote copy of sshuttle.
Glances is a CLI curses based monitoring tool for both GNU/Linux and BSD.
- http://getgreenshot.org/downloads/ Screen capture tool for windows
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeghost/ Free Ghost
- http://ejie.me/ Clover is an extension of the Windows Explorer, to add multi-tab functionality
- http://drbl.org/ DRBL. It allows you to PXE boot clonezilla so you never need a thumb drive or CD again
Pulp is a platform for managing repositories of content, such as software packages, and pushing that content out to large numbers of consumers. If you want to locally mirror all or part of a repository, host your own content in a new repository, manage content from multiple sources in one place, and push content you choose out to large numbers of clients in one simple operation, Pulp is for you!
Ncdu is a ncurses-based du viewer. It provides a fast and easy-to-use interface through famous du utility. It allows to browse through the directories and show percentages of disk usage with ncurses library.
- jnettop iftop
j Nettop captures traffic coming across the host it is running on and displays streams sorted by bandwidth they use.
tmux enables a number of terminals (or windows) to be accessed and controlled from a single terminal like screen.
- https://attic-backup.org/ deduplicating backup program written in Python. The main goal of Attic is to provide an efficient and secure way to backup data. The data deduplication technique used makes Attic suitable for daily backups since only the changes are stored.
- http://duplicity.nongnu.org/ Duplicity backs directories by producing encrypted tar-format volumes and uploading them to a remote or local file server.
SLURM stands for Simple Linux Utility for Resource Management, it is an open-source cluster resource management and job scheduling system that strives to be simple, scalable, portable, fault-tolerant, and interconnect agnostic.Dropbox-like
- Seafile: http://seafile.com/en/home/
- Owncloud: http://owncloud.org/
- Syncthing: http://syncthing.net/
- Btsync https://www.btsync.com/en/
- one click type of solution check out #yunohost https://yunohost.org/